Thursday, January 20, 2011

Guy's Night In

Yes, I know I haven't written in a while. No, I have no excuse except to say that my job is hectic and, well, it's more fun to spend time with my son than write about spending time with my son. And isn't that the way it's supposed to be?

Tomorrow is Guy's Night In. The Wife is going out with her family, so my son and I are going to be spending Friday in "guy heaven". Which means:

- First up is eating dinner. His meal is supposed to be something healthy set up by my wife. Yeah right, we're having hot dogs, chips, ice cream and whatever else he wants. Yes, I'm going to give him cake if he wants it (and if I can find some in the house). Yes, he can have some of my french fries. But only him, no one else.

- Highlight of the night will be either one of two things. One is playing with his trains. My son got a "Thomas the Tank Engine" starter set from Santa Claus and he loves it. I cannot put into words how much he loves his trains. It's like me when the Browns beat the Ravens. Wait, that hasn't happened in a while, remind me how that feels please.

- The second possible highlight of the night will be showing him a new movie we bought: Cars. The Disney Pixar movies are his favorite, and any kind of car is one of his favorite things to play with. Seems like a match made in parenting heaven. Plus, I haven't seen the movie in forever, so it'll be fun to watch. Even better to watch it with him.

- One thing that will not be played unless it is absolutely neccessary is any episode of "Wonder Pets!" This deserves it's own post and I'll do it whenever I can rationally discuss this. But right now, just the thought of this show on Nick Jr. makes the theme song run through my head and I want to punch myself in the face because of it. "The phone... the phone is ringing..." There, if you know the song, you are suffering same as me. Don't get mad at me, I didn't write the thing.

So that's what's going on in my world. I'll let you know how it goes. But for now, enjoy your time with your kids. Sometime soon, I'll be writing them detentions.

No comments:

Post a Comment